Carolina Friends School is excited to offer the opportunity for a teaching fellow to work with master teachers in our Lower School!
This supported teaching/learning experience is with our classrooms serving students age equivalent to third and fourth grade. This position provides a hands-on teaching experience, combining rich professional development and mentoring with daily opportunities for practical application in the classroom.
Program At a Glance
- A mentorship program
- Hands-on classroom experience teaching in an independent, Quaker school
- Restorative practice and peaceful conflict resolution training
- Professional development opportunities
- Intentional time to observe classrooms, receive feedback, and participate in reflection
- Full-time, salaried position, benefits-eligible
- Two-year experience, reviewed on yearly basis
See our job posting for full details on how to apply (deadline is March 11, 2023).
""I joined the Teaching Fellow Program because I've always wanted a teaching experience where I felt involved in the collaborative process of shaping the spaces where we teach. For someone who always dreamt of being a teacher, this program created opportunities for me to observe, learn and practice teaching in a supportive and caring environment. Above all, this program made me feel like my voice mattered. I am grateful to my mentors and peers for holding me responsible for using my voice inside the classroom." "
Tony Arias Sorto
Our Lower School
Serving students in grades first through fourth, our four mixed-age classrooms are team-taught.
Learn with Purpose
See how our Quaker values inspire us to learn and live with purpose.