Carolina Friends School is seeking a thoughtful, collaborative, entrepreneurial educational leader to assist in the execution of its robust Summer Programs and support after-school and other Extended Learning (auxiliary) programs. This role will be part time, working 10-15 hours per week through May (there’s flexibility to determine a convenient schedule with the successful candidate), then transitioning to full time (40 hours per week) June to August.
This role will assist the Director and Assistant Director of Extended Learning in their work on Summer Programs during the spring, helping with family and staff communication, registration system management, website updating, and other preparations for summer. June through August, this position will play an important role within the Leadership Team, making high-level decisions, training and guiding seasonal interns and employees, welcoming families and students, and helping problem-solve on a daily basis.
This position will also play a part in helping with other Extended Learning offerings (e.g. after-school care, enrichment classes, and music lessons; and Camp CFS care days) and occasionally Institute for Teaching and Learning programs for educators and other adults.
The responsibilities are varied. As a result, they provide significant opportunities to help explore and expand learning within and beyond the walls of the classroom, the campus, the school day, and the academic calendar.
** Ideal Start Date: As Soon as Possible, Spring 2023
**This position could also be combined with the part-time Lower or Middle School Extended Day opportunity.
SUMMER PROGRAMS operational support, including:
- efficiently maintaining the CampInTouch online registration system and Summer Programs website
- responding thoughtfully to phone calls and emails
- effectively helping to oversee various aspects of summer operations
- sensitively supporting staff
- welcoming students, adults, and families to our programs with care and joy
- nurturing strong relationships with children and families through positive interactions in daily operations
- making high-level decisions during Summer Programs operations that align with our mission and values
- acting in the primary leadership role in the absence of the Assistant Director of Extended Learning
OTHER EXTENDED LEARNING PROGRAMS operational support, including helping:
- help organize and work Camp CFS (care days when school is otherwise closed)
- process billing for the after-school music program
- facilitate after-school enrichment course offerings
- support the Lower and Middle School Extended Day program
Required Qualifications, Competencies, Skills, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or degree work in progress
- Experience in summer and/or other auxiliary programs work is a plus
- Understanding of and strong affinity for Friends education and Quaker principles and practices
- Demonstrate commitment to understanding and exploring how power and inequality, influenced by factors such as race, class, gender, sexuality, neurodivergence, and different physical abilities, impact our students, families, and colleagues
- Proven self-starter with foresight to analyze issues and provide solutions
- Demonstrated success developing people, programs, and culture while supporting the growth of the organization
- Capacity to make and support decisions based on the School’s mission and values, objective data, and best practices
- Ability to think and act strategically and creatively, while also pitching in to help as needed
- A purposeful and collaborative work style, adept at building relationships and sharing decision-making
- Deep listening skills and exceptional written and oral communication skills, reflecting intelligence and heart
- An entrepreneurial outlook and a passion for innovation and program design
- Proven organizational and management skills
- Strong work ethic
- Sense of humor and delight in work with young people
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit, when possible in one complete PDF file, the following:
- Cover Letter
- Names and contact information for three references
Please compile all these documents into one complete packet and submit to email@example.com. Please indicate Extended Learning Associate in the email subject line.
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. CFS reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time.
APPLICANTS: Please review the Who We Are, Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity, and Important Information for All Applicants sections on the CFS job opportunities page.
Carolina Friends School actively strives to be a community of staff, students, and families of diverse backgrounds. CFS does not discriminate based on age, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, family structure, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, or military service in the administration of its policies and program.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer in both policy and practice.