This position is a part-time contract position from mid-June to mid-August (with flexible start and end dates) serving on the Summer Programs Leadership Team at Carolina Friends School.
The Food Services Coordinator will be responsible for morning snacks, lunch service, and preparation of an afternoon snack.
- Morning snack happens around 10:30 each morning and entails selling packaged goods to campers.
- Lunch service happens around noon and includes preparing and serving basic entrees such as pizza, mac and cheese, chicken nuggets, bagels, etc. with the support of other Leadership Team members and interns.
- The afternoon snack–a fresh fruit; chips, pretzels, or some other dry item; and lemonade–will be prepared by the Coordinator and served later in the day by interns.
This role will also be responsible for stocking and cleaning our industrial-grade kitchen. The Food Services Coordinator will only need to provide the list of supplies to our Supply Coordinator rather than be responsible for sourcing and shopping. On-campus beds hold a number of different herbs, and we’re happy to support additional plantings.
This role will require ServSafe certification; for anyone without it, we would cover the cost and compensate the person for their time to take the requisite class.
Hourly pay is competitive, and a 50% Summer Programs camp tuition benefit is also available for staff children.
This position will collaborate closely with other leadership Team members. Our hope is always to nurture a fun, safe, and welcoming environment that makes working in the summer a true joy. You’ll get to know children across ages and from many places (150+ schools in multiple states and countries). At the end of each day, you’ll leave knowing you've helped create a powerful and positive experience for the CFS Summer Programs community!
The Successful Candidate will have:
- personal and/or professional interest in cooking, culinary arts, food service, and/or hospitality trades (relevant experience is a plus, but not required)
- the organizational skills to execute our food service operation
- the ability to meet varied demands with integrity, enthusiasm, creativity, flexibility, and a sense of humor
- the ability to foster positive and collaborative relationships with and among students and colleagues
- a love of children and joy in working with them
- an understanding of and strong affinity for the School’s mission and the work of our Summer Programs
- an appreciation of how power and inequality–influenced by factors such as race, class, gender, sexuality, and learning and physical disabilities–impact our students and families
- the ability to satisfactorily complete a criminal background check and demonstrate an ability to work legally in the U.S.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit, when possible in one complete PDF file, the following to extended firstname.lastname@example.org with Food Services Coordinator in the subject line:
- Names and contact information for two references
Review of resumes will begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. CFS reserves the right to close the recruitment at any time. Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as all materials can be compiled.
APPLICANTS: Please review the Who We Are, Commitment to Diversity and Inclusivity, and Important Information for All Applicants sections on the CFS Employment Opportunities page.
Carolina Friends School actively strives to be a community of staff, students, and families of diverse backgrounds. CFS does not discriminate based on age, race, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, disability, socio-economic background, family structure, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, or military service in the administration of its policies and program.
CFS is an equal opportunity employer in both policy and practice.