High school juniors and other students can enroll in a Spring 2021 SAT virtual test prep course with an optional ACT add-on.
Dr. Rich Tapper, also a school parent, has offered individual and group test preparation at Carolina Friends for a decade. At the invitation of Upper School College Counselor Stefan Waldschmidt, he's returning to help prepare students for standardized test success through:
- training in general problem-solving and concentration
- expert instruction in reading, writing, and mathematics
- proven strategies for each type of problem
- practical skills, tools, and training for reducing fear and anxiety
The course will include weekly:
- an instructional class on Tuesdays (4:00 to 5:30 pm EST)
- section/timed practice/de-briefing on Saturdays (9:00 to 11:00 am EST)
- unlimited personal tutorial/coaching
The SAT class dates are Tuesday 9 February to Tuesday 23 March. The ACT extension will begin Tuesday 6 April and run through Tuesday 27 April.
Like with our Zoom music lessons, students from home and other schools and from anywhere in the world are welcome.