High school juniors and other students can enroll in a Spring 2022 SAT test prep course with an optional ACT add-on.
Dr. Rich Tapper, also a school parent, has offered individual and group test preparation at Carolina Friends for a decade. At the invitation of Upper School College Counselor Stefan Waldschmidt, he's returning to help prepare students for standardized test success through:
- training in general problem-solving and concentration
- expert instruction in reading, writing, and mathematics
- proven strategies for each type of problem
- practical skills, tools, and training for reducing fear and anxiety
The course will include weekly:
- an instructional class on Wednesday evenings (Zoom)
- 7:15-8:30 pm
- section/timed practice/de-briefing on Saturdays (on-campus)
- 9:30-11:00 am
- unlimited personal tutorial/coaching (Zoom or in-person)
- individually scheduled with Rich
Like with our Zoom music lessons, students from home and other schools beyond CFS are warmly welcome for this program.
The course will begin the week of January 10, leading to the March 12th SAT date and the April 2nd ACT administration.
I found this course really helpful! The focus on the mental/process aspects really helped me improve and was something I wouldn't have gotten elsewhere. It made my testing process much better and relatively painless. 2021 Student