Our Main Campus sits on 126 acres at the edge of Duke Forest, central to Durham, Chapel Hill, and Hillsborough, North Carolina. We have additional Early School campuses in Durham (nestled by Duke University's Central Campus), and Chapel Hill (right by the campus of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill).
In addition to our Early, Lower, Middle and Upper School buildings, Main Campus also houses informal and more structured outdoor learning and recreation spaces, our athletic facilities (including the Gym, tennis courts, and soccer, ultimate, and baseball fields), a greenhouse, two libraries, multiple visual art studios, and our Performing Arts Center.
As of August, 2021, parents/guardians are allowed on campus (beyond normal carpool areas) for limited situations only, if they: are not sick or symptomatic, follow at least 6 feet distancing, and employ good hand hygiene while at school. Each unit may have specific guidelines for how to alert staff as this need arises.
Building access for all other visitors (including other family members, volunteers, and vendors) will be limited.
- In order to minimize contact, no visitors will be allowed in classrooms.
- All visitors to main campus wishing to enter a school building will be required to check-in at the Center before entering any buildings on campus to:
- complete a health screening and have a temperature check
- obtain a visitor’s pass
- All visitors will be expected to follow the school’s face covering and social distancing expectations.
- It is expected that meetings, wherever possible, will be conducted virtually.
Discover how our Quaker values inspire us to learn and live with purpose.