Summer Story Time
We're offering a free weekly Summer Story Time for children of all ages and from anywhere in the world! Perhaps even adults can benefit from such a break (just 10 to 15 minutes) in these unusual times.
You're cordially invited to join us each Thursday at 4:00 pm via Zoom to hear a Carolina Friends school-year or Summer Programs staff member or other community member (and hopefully some of our CITs) share a treasured children's book.
Special thanks to our first guest readers:
- Karen Cumberbatch (at right), a mother of two and CFS' Head of School, June 25 (The One and Only Ivan)
- Nancy McGilvary (below left), a mother of three, CFS' longtime School Secretary, and a regular reader in the Middle School's weekly Reading X read-aloud program, July 2 (Tikki Tikki Tembo)
- Aden Darity (below right), CFS' Athletic Director, a PE teacher, and a musician, July 9 (Sideways Stories From Wayside School)
- Zeke, a CFS Upper Schooler, longtime Summer Programs student and CIT, and 2020 Summer Programs Intern, July 16 (Make Way for Ducklings)
- Nancy Hayes (bottom right), a mother of two and CFS' Director of Enrollment, July 23 (Davy's Dream: A Young Boy's Adventure with Wild Orca Whale)
- Ruthie Allen (bottom left), Summer Programs Coordinator, July 30 (Stand Tall, Molly Lou Melon)
- Katherine Scott, CFS' Communications Coordinator and mother of a Friends School Early (pre-) Schooler, August 6
- TBD, August 13
- TBD, August 20
If you'd like the Zoom invitation and a Wednesday reminder about the next day's Story Time, please complete this two-question Google form. We look forward to seeing you each Thursday!
We also have Adult and Family Classes, from Family Trivia Nights to a Parenting for Resiliency series.
And, summer and school-year online music lessons available for children and adults (from within and beyond the CFS community) with more than a dozen instrument options!