Carolina Friends School's Summer Programs offer a range of opportunities for students ages 4-18. Our summer courses are open to the larger community and rooted in the mission, values, and vision of our School.
Summer Programs 2018 will run for nine weeks, June 18 through August 17, from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm Monday through Friday (including July 4th).
Extended Day care options are available from 8:00 am to 5:45 pm.
Course registration is open via our CampInTouch system!
We aspire to provide programs that spark intellectual curiosity, encourage playful exploration, and help build character. At heart, this is a place of joy!
A few highlights for 2018:
- We're introducing American Sign Language, aquatic ecology, fashion design, Magic the Gathering and math, museum, Star Wars, World Cup soccer, and other fun offerings.
- We have two sections of our two-week Backyard Broadway program.
- We have three sections of Harry Potter & Company.
- We're trying two courses for English language learners, for students and adults who would like to enhance their written and/or spoken English skills.
- We're going beyond Durham and even the Triangle with North Carolina Backpacking Adventure and a travel opportunity for students AND parents to China (including the Great Wall, the Xi'an terracotta warriors, and pandas) and much more!
Find all these options and more in our Courses section!
And, of course, we'll welcome back middle school-age CITs and high school and college Interns.
Our top-notch staff bring a love for children, a dedication to their safety and well-being, and rich personal and professional experience and expertise (in everything from graphic novel creation to molecular and cell biology).
They offer some 150 courses in a range of areas: creative expression (digital, performing, and visual arts), culinary creations, leadership and personal growth, learning explorations, maker discoveries, nature/outdoor adventures, sports fun, and tech wizardry.
Our more than 50 instructors work their magic on our 126-acre campus of fields, woods, and streams.
We know you have choices. Thanks for considering CFS Summer Programs and let us know how we can help. We look forward to welcoming you to summer fun in 2018!
Anthony L. Clay, Director
Extended Learning @ CFS