Our summer courses are open to the larger community and rooted in the mission, values, and vision of our school.
Carolina Friends School's 2019 Summer Programs offers a range of opportunities for students ages 4-18 for nine weeks, June 17 through August 16 (including July 4th).
All of our courses are held on the Carolina Friends School main campus, conveniently located on 126 acres of woodlands and pastureland between Chapel Hill and Durham. Courses run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, with Extended Day care options available from 8:00 am to 5:45 pm.
We aspire to provide programs that spark intellectual curiosity, encourage playful exploration, and help build character. At heart, this is a place of joy!
A few notes for 2019:
- New courses include Art of Nature; Fantastic Fermentation: Cooking Art and Science; Fur, Fins, and Feathers: Animals and More Animals; Dungeons and Dragons: Delving Into Design; Jurassic Park: Mesozoic Meltdown; Science Fiction and Fantasy; and Space: The Final Frontier.
- Our social justice offerings include Feminism is for Everyone (Week 8), Girl Power (a Week 6 leadership and communications skills development program), and Youth Activism: Social Justice and Social Change (Week 9).
- We continue popular new offerings from last year, including Fun with Fashion; Magic the Gathering, Math, and More (two sections); North Carolina Backpacking Adventures; and Star Wars Training Camp!
- We see the return of perennial favorites, including Backyard Broadway;Comic Design; Delicious Dessert Decorating; Harry Potter & Company; Mad Science Alert; and Minecraft Community.
- And, we're looking for host families for a group of middle schoolers coming from Zhuhai, China for a science-based CFS summer program for two weeks starting around July 14!
We know you have choices. Thanks for considering CFS Summer Programs and let us know how we can help. We look forward to welcoming you to summer fun in 2019!
Anthony L. Clay, Director
Extended Learning @ CFS