Our summer courses are open to the larger community and rooted in the mission, values, and vision of our School.Carolina Friends School's 2018 Summer Programs offer a range of opportunities for students ages 4-18 for nine weeks, June 18 through August 17 (including July 4th).
All of our courses are held on the Carolina Friends School main campus, conveniently located between Chapel Hill and Durham. Courses run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, with Extended Day care options available from 8:00 am to 5:45 pm.
We aspire to provide programs that spark intellectual curiosity, encourage playful exploration, and help build character. At heart, this is a place of joy!
A few highlights for 2018:
- New courses--American Sign Language, aquatic ecology, fashion design, Magic the Gathering and math, museum, Star Wars, World Cup soccer, and others!
- Two weeks of Backyard Broadway
- Three sections of Harry Potter & Company
- Offerings for English language learners, for adolescents and adults
- Travel with North Carolina Backpacking Adventure and an opportunity for families to experience China (including the Great Wall, the Xi'an terracotta warriors, and pandas)!
We know you have choices. Thanks for considering CFS Summer Programs and let us know how we can help. We look forward to welcoming you to summer fun in 2018!
Anthony L. Clay, Director
Extended Learning @ CFS