A Carolina Friends School innovation hub for student, adult, and family enrichment, Extended Learning @ CFS encompasses Extended Day (AfterHours) offerings and Summer Programs as well as enrichment options for all ages — in the CFS community and beyond.
2019-2020 Programs At A Glance
- We offer Extended Day (AfterHours) care from the end of the school day to 4:15/5:45 pm for Lower and Middle School students.
- Throughout the year, we have after-school Student Enrichment courses open to Lower or Middle School students from within and outside the CFS community (home, traditional public, charter, and other independent schools).
- We have after-school music lessons for students AND adults from within and outside the CFS community with a range of instrument options.
- We offer Camp CFS, a fun care option for Early, Lower, and Middle Schoolers (also open to non-CFS families), on 11 full and half-days of staff professional development and work.
- On December 7, we hosted our fourth annual Natural Holiday Decorating afternoon, open to children and their parents, and hope to introduce other Family Enrichment courses this year (think woodworking, for example!).
- Our Girl Scouts troop (meeting every other Sunday afternoon) will continue to include seven CFS participants and seven students from other schools.
- Our Summer Programs offerings (almost 170 courses for ages four to 18 across nine weeks) are available and registration is open!
- Educators and other adults from within and outside the CFS community are welcome to join the Summer 2020 civil rights bus tour of the South.
Online enrollment for Extended Learning offerings can be completed with a free account at our CampInTouch site.
If during enrollment you learn a course is full, we encourage you to go on the automatic CampInTouch wait-list (with no financial or other obligation). A spot may open, demand may be sufficient for us to try to create an additional section, or at the very least we'll have more accurate information about demand that can help inform future programming. Thank you!
Questions or Ideas?
Anthony, Director of Extended Learning
Ruthie, Summer Programs Coordinator