A Carolina Friends School innovation hub for student, adult, and family enrichment, Extended Learning @ CFS encompasses existing Extended Day (AfterHours) offerings and Summer Programs. In addition, we're exploring new enrichment options for all ages — in the CFS community and beyond.
2018-2019 Programs At A Glance
- Throughout the year, we have after-school Student Enrichment courses open to Lower or Middle School students from within and outside the CFS community (home, traditional public, charter, and other independent schools).
- We offer Camp CFS, a fun care option for Early, Lower, and Middle Schoolers, on multiple full and half-days of staff professional development and work.
- On Saturday 8 December, we hosted our third annual Natural Holiday Decorating afternoon, open to children and their parents, and hope to introduce other Family Enrichment courses in 2019.
- Our Girl Scouts troop (meeting every other Sunday afternoon) has its maximum enrollment of seven CFS participants and seven students from other schools.
- We hosted a sharing yoga workshop for parents and educators of three to six-year-olds in April.
- Registration is open for Summer Programs (150+ courses for ages four to 18 across nine weeks)!
- Educators and other adults from within and outside the CFS community are welcome to join the 6-11 July civil rights bus tour of the South.
- We have after-school music lessons for students AND adults with a range of instrument options.
Online enrollment for Extended Learning offerings can be completed with a free account at our CampInTouch site.
If during enrollment you learn a course is full, we encourage you to go on the automatic CampInTouch wait-list (with no financial or other obligation). A spot may open, demand may be sufficient for us to try to create an additional section, or at the very least we'll have more accurate information about demand that can help inform future programming. Thank you!