A Carolina Friends School innovation hub for student, adult, and family enrichment, Extended Learning @ CFS encompasses existing Extended Day (AfterHours) offerings and Summer Programs. In addition, we're exploring new enrichment options for all ages — in the CFS community and beyond.
2018-2019 Programs At A Glance
- Throughout the year, we have after-school Student Enrichment courses open to Lower or Middle School students from within and outside the CFS community (home, traditional public, charter, and other independent schools).
- We're offering Camp CFS, a fun care option for Early, Lower, and Middle Schoolers, on five full-days and three half-days of staff professional development and work.
- In December, we'll host our third annual Natural Holiday Decorating afternoon, open to children and their parents, and hope to introduce other Family Enrichment courses this year.
- Our Girl Scouts troop (meeting every other Sunday afternoon) has its maximum enrollment of seven CFS participants and seven students from other schools.
- Educators and other adults from within and outside the CFS community are welcome to join the civil rights bus tour of the South in Summer 2019.
- We have after-school music lessons for students AND adults with a range of instrument options.
Online enrollment for Extended Learning offerings can be completed with a free account at our CampInTouch site.
If during enrollment you learn a course is full, we encourage you to go on the automatic CampInTouch wait-list (with no financial or other obligation). A spot may open, demand may be sufficient for us to try to create an additional section, or at the very least we'll have more accurate information about demand that can help inform future programming. Thank you!
Questions or Ideas?
Summer Programs 2019
Our summer offerings (ages 4-18) will be available in January. If you haven't been a Summer Programs family in the past two years, please email us at ExtendedLearning@cfsnc.org to receive notification when we release the schedule and open registration.
Learn more about our July 2018 trip to the beautiful Lake District of northern England, retracing the steps of George Fox, founder of the Religious Society of Friends.