A Carolina Friends School innovation hub for student, adult, and family enrichment, Extended Learning @ CFS encompasses existing Extended Day PM (AfterHours) offerings and Summer Programs. In addition, we're exploring new enrichment options for students, adults, and families — in the CFS community and beyond.
2017-2018 Programs At A Glance
- Throughout the year, we have after-school Student Enrichment courses open to Lower or Middle School students from within and outside the CFS community (home, traditional public, charter, and other independent schools).
- We're offering Camp CFS, a fun all-day care option for Early, Lower, and Middle Schoolers, on seven staff professional development and work days.
- In December, we hosted another Family Enrichment course, Natural Holiday Decorating, open to children and their parents.
- Our Girl Scouts troop (meeting every other Sunday afternoon) has its maximum enrollment of seven CFS participants and seven students from other schools.
- Educators are invited to a March 3 movement workshop offered by veteran CFS staff members Cesanne Berry and Annie Dwyer.
- Adults from within and outside the CFS community are welcome to join the Quaker Journey, a trip to England's scenic Lake District, in July.
- We now have after-school music lessons for students and adults with a range of instrument options.
Online enrollment for Extended Learning offerings can be completed with a free account at our CampInTouch site.
If during enrollment you learn a course is full, we encourage you to go on the wait-list (with no financial or other obligation). A spot may open, demand may be sufficient for us to try to create an additional section, or at the very least we'll have more accurate information about demand that can help inform future programming. Thank you!
Questions or Ideas?
Please let us know at ExtendedLearning@cfsnc.org or 919.383.6602 x263 or stop by to see us in our Quaker Dome office. Thanks for your interest in Extended Learning at CFS!