Tuition & Adjustments
Carolina Friends School has a long-standing commitment to the founding belief that every child is equally deserving of an inspiring and inclusive education.
Consistent with the values of our community, we have developed a tuition model designed to nurture the goal of creating both access and affordability in a sustainable way for our school.
Families who wish to be considered for a tuition level below the top of the tuition range need to submit their financial information for review and consideration to TADS at the same time as submission of an enrollment application for admission. Adjusted tuition can then be calculated based on that family’s unique financial profile.
2020-21 Tuition Range By Unit
Early School 8:15 am-12:30 pm: $660 – $ 13,200
Early School 8:15 am-3:15 pm: $950 – $19,000
Early School 8:15 am-5:15 pm: $1,150 – $22,900
Lower School: $1,040 – $20,800
Middle School: $1,150 – $23,000
Upper School: $1,240 – $24,740
- How is a family’s tuition calculated?
- Is my financial information confidential?
- When would I know what the amount of tuition would be?
- If the tuition amount is higher than I can afford, is there an appeal process?
- Does applying for an adjusted tuition rate affect a candidate’s application for admission?
- Will all families who are eligible for an adjusted tuition rate receive it?
- Do any families not contribute to tuition?
- If a family doesn’t receive an adjusted tuition when initially applying for admission, can they apply for adjusted tuition in future years?
- Does a family need to reapply to have their tuition rate assessed each year?
- Does CFS also offer merit based scholarships?
- What makes up the remainder of the funds toward the cost of a CFS education?
- If I have additional questions about adjusted tuition, whom should I contact?