Since our founding in 1962, diversity in our community has been a driving factor, including socioeconomic diversity
What is my tuition?
Submit financial information at the same time as your admission application for adjusted tuition consideration
Even full tuition accounts for only 85% of the cost of a CFS education
Each family’s contribution to tuition is determined individually
2019-20 Tuition Range By Unit
Early School 8:15 am-12:30 pm: $640 – $ 12,880
Early School 8:15 am-3:15 pm: $930 – $18,520
Early School 8:15 am-5:15 pm: $1,110 – $22,260
Lower School: $1,000 – $20,000
Middle School: $1,110 – $22,250
Upper School: $1,190 – $23,750
Carolina Friends School has a long-standing commitment to the founding belief that every child is equally deserving of an inspiring and inclusive education.
Consistent with the values of our community, we have developed a tuition model designed to nurture the goal of creating both access and affordability in a sustainable way for our school.
CFS publishes a tuition range for each unit of the school. Families who wish to be considered for a tuition level below the top of the range submit their financial information for review and consideration to TADS. This data submission happens simultaneously with the submission of an application for admission. CFS then determines the family’s tuition level based on that family’s unique financial profile.
Any family who does not feel they can afford the full tuition amount is encouraged to complete the process to be considered for an adjusted tuition. A wide range of families with a variety of circumstances may qualify for a tuition level below the top range of CFS tuition.
- How is a family’s tuition calculated?
- Is my financial information confidential?
- When would I know what the amount of tuition would be?
- If the tuition amount is higher than I can afford, is there an appeal process?
- Does applying for an adjusted tuition rate affect a candidate’s application for admission?
- Will all families who are eligible for an adjusted tuition rate receive it?
- Do any families not contribute to tuition?
- If a family doesn’t receive an adjusted tuition when initially applying for admission, can they apply for adjusted tuition in future years?
- Does a family need to reapply to have their tuition rate assessed each year?
- Does CFS also offer merit based scholarships?
- What makes up the remainder of the funds toward the cost of a CFS education?
- If I have additional questions about adjusted tuition, whom should I contact?