Association of Independent School Admission Professionals
Educational Expo, April 19, 2017
Carolina Friends School welcome families interested in learning more about educational options and pathways. At this Educational Expo you will find day and boarding schools, meet admission and industry experts, and have a chance to learn more about great school options for you or your child in a casual, warm, and welcoming environment.
Please see the schedule below for more information about the evening. Please note this event is free and open to the public, and we encourage you to share this invitation with anyone interested in learning more about transformative independent/private school experiences.
Please RSVP here. We look forward to seeing you at the Expo!
- 5:30 - 6:00 pm Welcome (for interested prospective families) with AISAP's Ray Diffley "Three Essential Questions Every Parent Must Answer About Their Child's Educational Pathway"
- 6:00 - 8:00 pm Education Expo/School Fair — a most engaging interaction with school reps, special guests, and brief, 25 minute breakout sessions for parents and students on key topics.
Breakout Sessions (optional)
Family members can attend together or choose a family member to go to the session while others visit school and resource tables
- 6:30pm - 6:55pm Application Process: Answers to key questions about pathways, both boarding and day, and navigating the application process: guidance on interviewing, essay writing and more
- 7:00pm - 7:25pm Assessment and Testing: Candidate assessment and its role in the process
- 7:30pm - 7:55pm Affordability: Navigating school costs and the financial aid process (including clarification on financial aid, merit aid, and scholarship)