Thank you for visiting our Leadership Transition web page.
Here are links to the relevant materials:
- On October 12, Search Committee Clerk Nikki Vangsnes and Board Clerk Mark Kuhn announced that Karen Cumberbatch will be our next Head of School, effective July 1, 2017. Join us in welcoming Karen!
- On August 30, Search Committee Clerk Nikki Vangsnes and Board Clerk Mark Kuhn shared an update with a link to a password-protected site holding the application materials of our four Head of School finalists.
- On August 5, Search Committee Clerk Nikki Vangsnes and Board Clerk Mark Kuhn shared a Head of School search update, which includes the September visit schedule for four finalists.
- On June 19, CFS Board Members Nikki Vangsnes and Marsha Green released this Head of School search update describing the search plans for summer and early fall 2016.
- On January 28, with the RG175 consulting firm, we released the Head of School position statement. This 10-page document describes the School, the Head role, and the attributes we're seeking.
- Board of Trustees Clerk Marsha Green wrote in early January 2016 with the announcement of the staff and trustee members of the search committee for our next Head of School.
- Marsha wrote in early January 2016 with an invitation for community members to share their input with the consultants retained to support the School's search.
- In a November 20, 2015 letter, Marsha announced that Dr. Renee Prillaman would serve as CFS' Interim Head of School for 2016-2017.
- You can see September 16, 2015 announcement letters from Principal Mike Hanas and Board Clerk Marsha Green about his selection as the second Head of School at San Francisco Friends School.
- You can read about some of the staff responses to Mike's news in this What's New at CFS story.
- Here's the San Francisco Friends School announcement.
- You can learn more about Mike and see links to some of his writings and speeches on the Principal's Welcome page.
We'll continue to post updates here for our community as they're available.
To share questions or comments, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We're grateful for your interest in the transition process and for your continuing support of Carolina Friends School.
We are so excited to welcome Karen Cumberbatch to the CFS family!